Re: Royal Paulownia

In a message dated 3/27/04 8:12:49 PM, vldunn@widomaker.com writes:

<< I remember when just riding around

Baltimore that I observed  row-house gardens that would have a single

"coppiced" tree in the backyard. >>

Verona, this made me think of the many trees I saw in the D.C. area which  I
guess you might say they were topped or at least severly pruned.  Anyone know
why?  This is a forbidded practice in our area.
    Ceres