Re: Sunken Gardens

"Wizarding" is one of my favorite topics; "Help" is another one. Between the two of them they have made some very good programs nearly unusable.

On Sunday, March 28, 2004, at 12:11 PM, Kitty wrote:

The map was drawn in WordPerfect 6.1's drawing program so it is a .wpg, a
WordPerfect Graphic. I have later versions of WP, but the drawing portion
is too complicated. This is a simple program, but it allows all sorts of
shapes and the ability to type words where you want them. Plenty of color if
desired. And you can import other graphics into the drawing.

Many newer programs, in an effort to offer so much, and with the aim to
"wizard" you through everything because they are so sure you'll never figure
it out, have complicated things so much that I often find older programs
more versatile.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna " <justme@prairieinet.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2004 11:21 AM
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Sunken Gardens

What program did you draw this up in... If you don't mind me asking....

Donna

I recently finished this year's "Self-Guided Tour". Previously it was
17
two-sided laminated 8x11s attached by a chain to each gardens name
post.
But we are getting new name post this year and the racks that held the
SGT
won't fit on them.  This method allowed photos of plants, names,
background
info, lessons, tips, etc.  This year I had to cram everything on 2
sides
of
a legal sheet.  The only pics are the map, a compost drawing, and the
MG
logo.

When I first drew the map on my computer, it took me a lot of time,
but
now
that I have it I can make any needed adjustments without too much
effort.

Kitty

Island Jim
Southwest Florida