Re: grandkids/societal whiners

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] grandkids/societal whiners
  • From: james singer <jsinger@igc.org>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:03:23 -0500

I'll bet you're fun to go to Wal-Mart with, Zem.:>)

On Wednesday, March 24, 2004, at 10:25 AM, Zemuly@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 3/24/2004 8:11:26 AM Central Standard Time,
lyoung@grindertaber.com writes:
Sometimes I think that those of us from the hippie, flower power
generation have done a disservice to our children which is now coming to
fruition in their children.
I don't know about that. My children are politically conservative, and their
children are being raised in much the same way I was. They behave pretty
well. My children were pretty well-behaved, too, because as my daughter told
someone when she was about 15, "Somebody has to be the grownup in this family."
That certainly was not me, and I still like to have a good time. I just
cannot tolerate inconsideration toward any living thing, and I do not stand silent
on the issue, either -- much to the chagrin of my grandchildren, my children
and anybody else who might be present during one of my "spells." HA!
zone 7
West TN

Island Jim
Southwest Florida