Re: NOW mini-mansions and disgust

> From: Libby Valentine <L_Valentine@adelphia.net>
> Speaking of which, Marge, I hear our esteemed state legislature
approved the
> increase in sales tax today.  Apparently that doesn't count as a
> increase to them.

Yes, seems they did.  To pay for schools, supposedly.  HA!  That
ought to last about a year before they start funneling off a bit here
and a bit there for some pet project or other. That's what our
massive property tax is supposed to do.  Seems, from what I read,
they are planning on 'reducing' the property tax and raising the
sales tax.  Maka no sensa to me, but, hey, I'm only one of the twits
who has to pay both of them....with no children in the public school

I would like to know just what drug the feed everyone who gets
elected to public office.  It's something secret that instantly makes
them forget what it's like to be a real person in the real world.
Don't get me started on our 'esteemed' state legislature!:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :