Re: My new endeavor

Andrea, let me add my belated congrats here.  Way to go Girl!  I
wondered about the wholesale plant business as I know it takes a
whale of a lot of physical work for one person..think this new plan
sounds really good.  Wish you the absolute best in your 'new
endeavor'!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Andrea H <hodgesaa@islc.net>
>
> Speaking of campaigning for proper tree pruning, I wanted to
announce to the
> group my new goal. I finally found a Master's of Horticulture. It's
through
> Texas Tech University, sooooo I am in the process of applying to
graduate
> school. Our small AS program here at the local tech college closed
and I've
> been looking for a new program for 2 years. I don't really want to
move so I
> needed online. Well Texas Tech finally has one. They also have
undergrad and
> I will need a few more courses to  complete my requirements, which
is fine
> with me. Any classes at all I'm thrilled about. I'm so excited, I
can't wait
> to get started. I have been talking to the Dr. of the program and
she wants
> me to take one prerequisite this summer and start in a graduate
> arboriculture class this fall. I do have to take the GRE, so I'll
be
> studying for the next month for that. My former hort teacher was
always
> getting flack from the city council because she didn't have her
Master's
> (only a bachelors and 20 odd years experience) so they wouldn't
always
> listen to her. She has moved to Alabama so I'm hoping to step into
her shoes
> so to speak when I'm done. Or before, preferably. I'm still
teaching classes
> at one of the local nurseries, and doing containers for people but
I gave up