From: Tchessie [mailto: tchessie@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 21:42:49 -0800
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Buddleia davidii a noxious weed???

This has been an interesting thread to follow. I have 2 buddleia
and<br>neither have spread at all- none. So I don't think i tis only
temperature<br>that makes the difference though- heck, mine never dies
back or even looses<br>its leaves. So, other environmental factors must
be present for it so<br>multiply. Certainly isn't a problem
Message-----<br>From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
[mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On<br>Behalf Of Bonnie Holmes<br>Sent:
Friday, March 26, 2004 8:38 AM<br>To: gardenchat<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT]
the exchanges re Buddleia davidii a noxious<br>weed? Those of you
further north may not experience this problem but I<br>am seeing my
Buddleia spreading like privet. I am constantly pulling it<br>out or
repotting to give away (thus, perhaps, spreading the problem).
I<br>never purchased a Nandina but now have three thriving in my yard
and<br>have seen several in the wooded areas nearby. Some of my
neighbors have<br>planted it so it think it spread that way. So, I am
thinking that I<br>might be spreading Buddleia as those who planted
privet and Paulownia,<br>not realizing that they could become problems,
especially with these<br>short, mild winters we have been having. We are
also seeing a reduction<br>in songbirds and other wildlife...I know part
of it is due to urban<br>sprawl and cell towers but I wonder if lack of
hort.net -- join the hort.net fund

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com