From: Andrea H [mailto: hodgesaa@islc.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:33:50 -0500
Subject: [CHAT] My new endeavor

Speaking of campaigning for proper tree pruning, I wanted to announce to
the<br>group my new goal. I finally found a Master's of Horticulture.
It's through<br>Texas Tech University, sooooo I am in the process of
applying to graduate<br>school. Our small AS program here at the local
tech college closed and I've<br>been looking for a new program for 2
years. I don't really want to move so I<br>needed online. Well Texas
Tech finally has one. They also have undergrad and<br>I will need a few
more courses to complete my requirements, which is fine<br>with me. Any
classes at all I'm thrilled about. I'm so excited, I can't wait<br>to
get started. I have been talking to the Dr. of the program and she
wants<br>me to take one prerequisite this summer and start in a
graduate<br>arboriculture class this fall. I do have to take the GRE, so
I'll be<br>studying for the next month for that. My former hort teacher
was always<br>getting flack from the city council because she didn't
have her!

Master's<br>(only a bachelors and 20 odd years experience) so they
wouldn't always<br>listen to her. She has moved to Alabama so I'm hoping
to step into her shoes<br>so to speak when I'm done. Or before,
preferably. I'm still teaching classes<br>at one of the local nurseries,
and doing containers for people but I gave up<br>on the wholesale plant
business. WAY too much work for one person.<br><br>Anyway, if anyone
else is interested I'm sure Texas Tech would love to have<br>you. I'm so

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com