RE: It's over!/compost

Kitty, I'm so tickled your presentation went so very well!!!  I knew you
would put on one very professional program.  I don't think you do anything
half way.

As for the composting in Indiana, I remember starting to get interested in
recycling and conservation because of the efforts of the local government.
Sometimes, when governments change or their budgets are downsized, they lose
the focus of what a program saves overall or something else seems to be a
better money maker for the state.

I was very upset with how backwards Ohio was when it came to recycling and
yard wastes and such when I moved here nearly 2 decades ago.  Now it is our
local government who has put on a large push to use composting and
recycling.  Who knows how long it lasts.  However, for those who have been
introduced to the ideas and the wisdom of such things, we can pass the
information on to our children, our neighbors and our grandchildren.  If
enough of a grass roots outcry confronts government, government will listen
(at least around election time.)  Even if it doesn't listen, if the
individuals continue what the government began, it will still make a
significant difference.  The government doesn't have to do everything for
us.  We need to take on more responsibility ourselves when either the funds
or the interest isn't there.

Well, that's my personal opinion anyway.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)