RE: pruning question

Hi Bonnie,

This is an ornamental tree as far as I am concerned. Seen a couple fruits,
but not the type you would eat (maybe Island Jim would, but not me).

Interesting the 1/3 concept.... sounds like I can prune it quite severely
and still keep it alive.

No issue with it getting tall, nothing above it to worry about.