Avocado blooms are small--about the size of a shirt button, max.

0.8" means, essentially, you can get that close [0.8"] and still be in focus.

Camera shoots 8,000 pixels per inch; doesn't matter whether you're 0.8" or infinity feet from the object.

On Wednesday, March 9, 2005, at 05:54 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

Jim,
Can a wide angle lens on a digital camera produce a fish-eye like it would
on an SLR? Are avacado blooms wide? What does [resolution to 0.8"] mean in
regard to the end product? (I tend to think of resolution in dots per inch,
like 300 dpi, so I don't understand the .8 inch resolution.
Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: "Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:59 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Camera

Hey! The wide angle lens [resolution to 0.8"] for the new camera
arrived today. Now if the weather will cooperate, quit raining and warm
up 10 degrees, I can play around a whole bunch in the garden. Maybe
even get a decent picture of an avocado bloom--something I've been
trying to do for at least 3 years.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W