Re: Camera

New acquisition sounds pretty neat.  Looking forward to seeing some pics.  Is the weather listening to you?

Libby

james singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote:
There is a fish-eye lens available for my camera. Can't figure out why
I'd want one.

Avocado blooms are small--about the size of a shirt button, max.

0.8" means, essentially, you can get that close [0.8"] and still be in
focus.

Camera shoots 8,000 pixels per inch; doesn't matter whether you're 0.8"
or infinity feet from the object.

On Wednesday, March 9, 2005, at 05:54 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart
National Hearing Center wrote:

> Jim,
> Can a wide angle lens on a digital camera produce a fish-eye like it
> would
> on an SLR? Are avacado blooms wide? What does [resolution to 0.8"]
> mean in
> regard to the end product? (I tend to think of resolution in dots per
> inch,
> like 300 dpi, so I don't understand the .8 inch resolution.
> Kitty

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W