Re: Re: was who owns who, now News

I think the best bet most of us have for a genuine foreign perspective on the news is the BBC broadcast that many PBS stations carry. As far as national news, one of my ex-wives said that Jon Stewart's Daily Show had more relevant national news than NBC, ABC, CBS and [shudder] FOX combined. May not be precisely true, but very scarily close. As Frank Rich wrote in the New York Times, Brian Williams still seems to think the Michael Jackson trial in Santa Maria, California, is more important to the national interest than the gutting of Social Security in Washington, DC.