Re: I've got a panther in my tank

Mine's an old inkjet, and a greater risk than running out of memory is running out of ink.

Yeah, and I don't print many things that are more than a dozen pages [I try to avoid PDF files].

On Mar 11, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Kitty wrote:

Well, us amateurs don't print such large documents. The biggest I think
I've printed was about 80 pages, lots of color and a few graphics. My
little 7 yr old hp deskjet was able to handle that. If I am concerned
about the printer not accepting a large document (like fewer pages but lots
of high res graphics) I'll just cut it in half and tell it to print pages
1-15 now and then 16-30 the next time, in which cases pages 15 and 30 would
be the first printed in each batch. Then you can just set one batch on top
of the other. More or less the same thing, just in two steps.

Beyond that I've printed lots of quantities of individual pages a lot. The
labels I make for bulbs are 4 to a page, so I might print 20 pages of a page
that has 4 varieties on it.

I've looked at the color printers at Office Depot, laser and ink, both are
way out of my price range, but would be great to have.

Kitty
neIN, Z5
----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I've got a panther in my tank

yes most times Kitty... but if you have a huge
document with a zillion pages, your printer has to
spool the entire document, and sometimes you run out
of printer RAM.....

On another note, we just bought a color laser here
that not only prints both sides at once, it can make a
booklet -reduce the print size to half, so 4 pages of
a word document is now on one sheet of paper, figures
out the printing order and in less that a minute can
print a 80 page catalog on like 20 sheets of paper...
and all I have to do is bind it, already sorted and
ready! - gotta love it :)

Donna

--- Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
Jim, that's not your OS, that's your printer's
properties.  Somehow the
default got reset.  I changed my default long ago to
print the last page
first, always. Nice, isn't it?  I think of things
like that.
Kitty
neIN, Z5