Re: Signs of spring!

Jim, my first reply didn't seem to work, so if I repeat myself, please
blame AOL.
I have no idea where my Galanthus came from.  I have had them for
many years.  In another place they  have spread widely and flow
down a slope, making a lovely show.  This spot is quite limited  -
less than a foot between the rock outcropping and the drive
pavement.  I have Leucojum also, and I believe I brought those from
Constitution Island where I volunteered for a number of years -
but that was more than 15 years ago.
Both have lovely, delicate flowers and grasslike foliage that soon
disappears.  They are not showy like tulips and daffodils, but are
such a delight as an  early sign of spring.
Probably any good bulb supplier like Scheepers would offer them.
You don't need many - they spread, and you just want that small
fix of a sign of spring

In a message dated 03/13/2005 8:14:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,