Re: Re: OT: smoke check

And on that note..."Hi, my name is Jesse, and I'm a workaholic" (this is
where you all say "hi Jesse!") But seriously. My husband is ADHD and can
run circles around me. For years I tried to keep up with him. I'm not a
slouch..I'm very high energy, but he just wore me OUT. About a year ago
I decided to simplify my life, get rid of things I no longer need, scale
down to things that were important to me and felt like I could do
justice to that "cause" or interest by investing my time, canceled
magazines I never get the chance to read and so on. Then, I my job was
gone...so now I'm at home trying to prioritize my day, learn how to be
efficient at what I do...and not stress as much. It's work at
first...I'm trying to get an organized office for the goat business
which in turn will make it easier for me to get things done faster and
more efficiently, I've simplified my house and learned to delegate more
to the kids and last but not least, I've learned to gently and nicely
put my

foot down with my husband and his excessive work mentality...it's fine
if he wants to do that but I refuse and I won't let him work the kids to
death. Enough is enough. So far it seems to be working. Of course, you
will always have those times when things get crazy (massive amounts of
baby goats born at once, bottle feeding some that you didn't expect to
feed and so on) but I just learn to roll with it.

Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center <4042N15@nationalhearing.com> wrote:
I've had friends who run themselves ragged. Seems to me it's a personality
trait, which means this is you and part of what makes people love you.. You
can't fight it, but you can make an effort to assess it and adjust it to a
certain degree. A personality trait I have is that I am lazy and - though
this is more of a health trait - I have to have my sleep. If I don't get
it, you'd just better steer clear of me.

Melody, years ago I would stubbornly stick to finishing any particular
project even if it meant working way into the night. Eventually I realized
that when I kept at a project too far past my regular hours I found that it
took me longer and I made more mistakes because I was tired. If I was
painting, I'd miss spots or go over the masking tape. If doing research,
I'd find myself re-reading passages. I finally realized that if I
experienced these tell-tale signs or I knew I couldn't finish a project
within an hour or 2 of my regular finish time, I should just call it quits,
go to bed, and just get up earlier to finish it after I was refreshed. Then
I would do a better job in a shorter time.

The other thing I do is I refuse to spread myself too thinly. I've seen too
many people do this and in fact had a dear friend once crying on my shoulder
about how she just couldn't keep up with it all and she was so tired. I
suggested she give up about 25% of what she had on her plate. It seemed to
me that if she was spread that thinly, she couldn't do justice to anything.
As Ceres mentioned, you might put MG work on a back burner. I know all your
projects are important to you, but perhaps you could step back and take a
lesser position at church for awhile. Re "Girl Scouts, 4-H, softball
coaching, piano lessons, etc", again, you could stepback from at least one
of those for a year, couldn't you?

Only you can decide which of these projects are the most important to you.
The main project IMO is taking care of yourself. That's not selfish. By
doing that first, you are able to give quality service to others instead of
just quantity.