Re: All caught up!!!

Hummm...
Have you heard that the word *NO* is, at times, a complete sentence? Goodness!
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Melody " <mhobertm@excite.com>

My goodness...it has taken me the better part of two weeks to catch up
on email. Doesn't help that we were all down with the flu for about a
week and a half...first the kids, one by one (which only prolongs a
mother's agony, since I got sick right after the first one did) and then
lastly the DH got sick, which pretty much meant that I basically had no
choice but to NOT be sick any longer...funny how that works, isn't it?
Then I had to spend a few days doing everything that DH should have
taken care of for the 5 days I was sick but didn't (little things--like
grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning the house) and take care of a sick
husband and kids exhausted from being sick. UGH!!!

It felt good just to get back to work after all of that. But then I
checked my email and found about 1400 messages, so have been playing
catch-up ever since. Plus I got behind in my course work and had to get
a paper written and I'm only about half done with the readings for next
week's class. Work at church is getting to be a bigger job all the time;
we have a new initiative for doing intergenerational faith formation
that I am in charge of getting started, so I've been surfacing talented
parishioners willing to serve on a committee to get this done.

Have noticed on trips in and out of the house that the snow crocus are
blooming...and the daffodils are coming up. We have been having some
strange weather days, but that is typical for Iowa in March. One morning
it started snowing about 6 a.m. and dropped about an inch of heavy, wet
snow in a couple of hours but by the time I got up at 2 that afternoon,
the temps. were in the 40's and everything had melted...crazy! We even
had one day a couple of weeks ago where the temp. was almost 70...the
next week it was back to the teens. Pool is still frozen so that's a
pretty big indicator that as far as the average temps go, it is still
very much winter here.

Anyway, hopefully now that I'm current again I'll be more of a
participant in the list instead of just reading and deleting or saving
to folders. Barring any major upsets in my life, that is. :-)

Melody
Hills, IA

--Albert Einstein