Re: Re: OT: smoke check

You all on this list are the most genuinely loving and concerned group
of people I've ever met in my life...and I love you all for it. Please
see my note to Gene, though and trust me when I tell you that if I'm not
busy, I'm bored...I've pretty much been like this my whole life. And
notice, that I do find time to do things that I love doing, just for me,
chiefly reading, gardening, quilting/needlework, and learning to play
the piano. I absolutely cannot stand to do nothing...makes me crazy! I
have been scaling back on the MG stuff, though...at someone's
recommendation on this list last year, I did recognize that this is most
definitely something I can always come back to when my kids are grown. I
let my certification lapse last October and am content that I made the
right decision, thanks to you all and your support. I've given up trying
to keep up with PTO stuff at school...I figure I make enough of a
contribution to my kid's schooling by spending time doing homework and
reading with them every day, plus ensuring that music lessons are an
integral part of their education (the scientific evidence for the
effects of formal music training on the growth of synaptic connections
in the brain is overwhelming!, so it's something I consider absolutely
basic to my kids' education) Also, please note--I do not do housework,
except at a most basic level. My husband does most of the cooking, my
kids are expected to contribute to the running of the household and
caring for the animals, and we're all happy living with our clutter.

Melody
Hills, IA

--Albert Einstein