Re: Garden Vision/ J. dibia

Hello Kitty,
I have had Jeffersonia dubia here in the garden on and off for some years now. Truly one of the treasured ephemerals... and it is for me. Does not last much longer than diphylla. Don't want to pop your bubble, but.... what is wrong with early dormancy?? Just place it with a plant that does Not go dormant early. They are missing out on so many of the very early blooming plants for shade.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Thanks for the link Jim. Now I realllly want it. J.diphylla has all sorts
of common names, but not so, J. dubia. Hmmmm..... I tried to get our
Woodland garden to put J. diphylla in, but they don't like ephemerals (go
figure!) But since J. dubia is persistent, maybe they'd go for it.
Kitty
neIN, Z5