Re: All caught up!!!

I think it's as much fear of failure with people as it is not wanting to put out the effort. I've figured out a long time ago that if you act like you know what you are doing very few, if any, people will know the difference. :-)

From: "Melody" <mhobertm@excite.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] All caught up!!!

Kitty: Yeah, it would be great if more people said yes then it would
place a lesser burden on everyone all the way around for most things.
You'd be amazed at the number of parents I have to contend with (as a
Religion Education director, Brownie leader, softball coach, etc. ) who
want this, that, or the other thing done for their kids but when I call
them to ask for their help they always have an excuse about why they
can't do it this time, but always add the caveat "but call me next
time"--yeah, right, like next time is gonna be any different. I feel
sorry for the kids at our elementary school this year as there will be
no spring carnival because not one single parent would step forward and
volunteer to take over organizing this from the poor mom who has done it
for the past 5 years and is burned out...so 350 kids suffer for it, not
to mention this is one of the 3 biggest fundraisers of the year for the
PTO which will in turn affect next year's school year (our PTO pays the
$350 charge for bus rentals for all field trips, so guess how many field
trips there will likely be next year? Not to mention paying for a good
portion of the teacher's supplies that are not covered under strict
budgeting of the district)

Hills, IA

--Albert Einstein