Re: All caught up!!!

In a message dated 03/17/2005 7:41:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
zsanders@midsouth.rr.com writes:
I've figured out a long time ago that if you act like  you
know what you are doing very few, if any, people will know the difference.

Some years ago I was treasurer for the Federated Garden Clubs of New York
I moved into the job not knowing anything about what it involved, but soon
that they were running a large operation out of hand-written ledgers. I set
getting the operation computerized - even gave them an old computer (IBM XT)
and ran the system on Quicken in parallel with the ledgers for a full year to
convince the office staff and others that it was going to work.  The whole
time I
was making it up as I went along.  Well, when I retired from that job - term
in the bylaws - I said to the office manager "I guess I really lucked out - I
flying blind all the way, but it seems to have worked."  She replied "I never
for a moment that you didn't know exactly what you were doing."