Re: re: houseplant question

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] re: houseplant question
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:37:33 -0600

I have a Cordyline baurii which is closely related and looks like a purple
version of the Dracaena.  The cultivation requirements said to cut it back
every year to start afresh, but I just didn't want to risk it.  2005 will be
it's third season.  The bottommost leaves are looking dull and may
eventually need to be removed, but each year it gets bigger and better.  I
plant it in the ground every summer and dig it up each fall.  One of these
days, maybe I'll take the plunge and try cutting back to rejuvenate it, but
I'd like to propagate that top growth.  Which would be the best route?
Airlayering - or cutting sections to lay horizontally in rooting medium - or
something else?

Kitty