Re: Another houseplant

I totally agree. Right now mine is a leggy mess on the porch. Can't wait until it can go back outside.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Another houseplant

Auralie, Smith [A Gardener's Handbook of Plant Names] says "Jasmine [sometimes called jessamine]..." which I take to mean that the latter is merely a corruption of the former.

Cestrum nocturnum was one of the first plants we planted when we bought the plantation. It's a butterfly plant as well as a perfumer. Ours look pretty awful most of the year owing to their being lunch and dinner for one or another larva. But I think it's worth putting up with their rag-tag appearance for their blooming.