Re: Garden Vision/ J. dibia

re:  [kinda odd that a
> native of Mexico won't thrive in south Florida]
You may have the heat but maybe it has more to do with soil and moisture
differences.  Dahlias are from mountainous areas of Central America.

Well, to be fair, some dwarf dahlias do have stems long enough for floral
arrangements - shortshort arrangements.  From another view of this, I have
grown the ones they requested and 2 of the 3 colors don't perform as well as
the third color, stems 4 inches at most.  That third one - the purple - grew
like gangbusters and if you forget to pinch, yes, you'll have 12 inch stems
on 3 foot plants, more to the size of the arrangements this group makes.
They don't do the short foam brick  table decorations.  Mainly just vase
combos which don't handle 4 inch stems.

Kitty
neIN, Z5