From: Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center [mailto: 4042N15@nationalhearing.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:12:14 -0600
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I need my garden!

Zem, I don't know Melody's exact position and what the chain
of<br>responsibility is, but as a far-out-there parallel, look at the
World.com<br>CEO, Ebbers or Eggers or something like that. He said he
wasn't aware of<br>what the accountants were doing. But he's in charge,
he's responsible. (And<br>in his case, I'm sure he did know)
Additionally, Melody may or may not be<br>technically responsible, but
it's obvious, she feels responsible for having<br>entrusted that
responisbility to this woman.<br><br>She has a mess on her hands and is
going to have to go over everything to<br>find the $700 - it's most
likely some sort of bookkeeping error. But when<br>all is recounted and
recalculated, if $700 is missing, it is that woman's<br>fault and she
should come up with it. If she won't, the girls are going to<br>have to
wash cars or do something to earn the money to pay off their
debt.<br>The Council is just going to have to wait for the money. The
point being,<br>it isn't Melody's fault, but it is a debt of the group
that must be paid.<br>If the one at fault won't fix it, the group, not
Melody, will have to pay<br>it. But still, Melody will be sitting under
Original Message ----- <br>From: &quot;Zemuly Sanders&quot;
&lt;zsanders@midsouth.rr.com&gt;<br>To:
&lt;gardenchat@hort.net&gt;<br>Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:50
is resolving the discrepancy your problem? Seems to me
that<br>if<br>&gt; somebody is responsible for a job they are also
accountable for correcting<br>&gt; the mistakes. I was well passed
middle age before I could truly let go.<br>&gt; Life is much better
&quot;Melody&quot; &lt;mhobertm@excite.com&gt;<br>&gt; To:
&lt;gardenchat@hort.net&gt;<br>&gt; Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:28
&gt; You guys know how just the oth

er day I was saying I wished I could get<br>&gt; &gt; away with doing
less sometimes and let other people take over doing some<br>&gt; &gt; of
the stuff I do? Well, my first real foray into delegating and
not<br>&gt; &gt; being so much of a control freak has been a complete
and utter<br>&gt; &gt; faillure!!!!!!! A couple of months ago it was
time for the annual Girl<br>&gt; &gt; Scout cookie sale and the job of
being a Troop Cookie Manager is huge!<br>&gt; &gt; Takes a lot of time
and energy. So when one of the moms practically<br>&gt; &gt; begged me
to let her take over doing this, I thought to myself &quot;I can
do<br>&gt; &gt; this...I can let this go...&quot; Oh my goodness...the
mess I am now left<br>&gt; &gt; trying to fix just makes me wonder what
in the heck I was thinking.<br>&gt; &gt; Somehow her collection efforts
have come up about $700 dollars<br>&gt; &gt; short...money our troop now
owes to the local girl scout council and<br>&gt; &gt; which was due to
them yesterday...a fact she only apprised me of at 8<br>&gt; &gt; a.m.
yesterday. Hmphhh...I am so stressed out ...I need my<br>&gt; &gt;
garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's icy cold and rainy here...times like
this<br>&gt; &gt; I could almost wish I lived someplace with no winter.
most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.&quot;<br>&gt;
&gt; --Albert Einstein<br>&gt; &gt;<br>&gt; &gt;