From: A A HODGES [mailto: hodgesaa@earthlink.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:55:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I need my garden!

Well that just stinks. It's GOT to be a bookkeeping error as Kitty says
the sale re-doing the receipts<br>before I took over. My answer would be
&quot;you wanted, you got it, now fix<br>it.&quot; And she can organize
the car washes and bake sales to make up the<br>money. Not Melody! I'm
glad I'm sin my mid-thirties and can say-OK, THAT<br>one is NOT my
responsibility. I am more than willing to step up when it is,<br>but not
anymore when it isn't! Of course that took 8 years with a really<br>good
Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing
Center<br>&lt;4042N15@nationalhearing.com&gt;<br>&gt; To:
&lt;gardenchat@hort.net&gt;<br>&gt; Date: 3/19/2005 1:14:30 PM<br>&gt;
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I need my garden!<br>&gt;<br>&gt; Zem, I don't know
Melody's exact position and what the chain of<br>&gt; responsibility is,
but as a far-out-there parallel, look at the World.com<br>&gt; CEO,
Ebbers or Eggers or something like that. He said he wasn't aware
of<br>&gt; what the accountants were doing. But he's in charge, he's
responsible.<br>(And<br>&gt; in his case, I'm sure he did know)
Additionally, Melody may or may not be<br>&gt; technically responsible,
but it's obvious, she feels responsible for<br>having<br>&gt; entrusted
that responisbility to this woman.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; She has a mess on her
hands and is going to have to go over everything to<br>&gt; find the
$700 - it's most likely some sort of bookkeeping error. But when<br>&gt;
all is recounted and recalculated, if $700 is missing, it is that
woman's<br>&gt; fault and she should come up with it. If she won't, the
girls are going<br>to<br>&gt; have to wash cars or do something to earn
the money to pay off their debt.<br>&gt; The Council is just going to
have to wait for the money. The point being,<br>&gt; it isn't Melody's
fault, but it is a debt of the group that must be paid.<br>&gt; If the
one at fault won't fix it, the group, not Melo

dy, will have to pay<br>&gt; it. But still, Melody will be sitting under
Kitty<br>&gt; ----- Original Message ----- <br>&gt; From: &quot;Zemuly
Sanders&quot; &lt;zsanders@midsouth.rr.com&gt;<br>&gt; To:
&lt;gardenchat@hort.net&gt;<br>&gt; Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:50
&gt; Melody, why is resolving the discrepancy your problem? Seems to me
that<br>&gt; if<br>&gt; &gt; somebody is responsible for a job they are
also accountable for<br>correcting<br>&gt; &gt; the mistakes. I was well
passed middle age before I could truly let go.<br>&gt; &gt; Life is much
better now.<br>&gt; &gt; zem<br>&gt; &gt; ----- Original Message -----
&lt;mhobertm@excite.com&gt;<br>&gt; &gt; To:
&lt;gardenchat@hort.net&gt;<br>&gt; &gt; Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005
9:28 AM<br>&gt; &gt; Subject: [CHAT] I need my garden!<br>&gt;
&gt;<br>&gt; &gt;<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; You guys know how just the other day
I was saying I wished I could get<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; away with doing less
sometimes and let other people take over doing<br>some<br>&gt; &gt; &gt;
of the stuff I do? Well, my first real foray into delegating and
not<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; being so much of a control freak has been a
complete and utter<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; faillure!!!!!!! A couple of months
ago it was time for the annual Girl<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; Scout cookie sale
and the job of being a Troop Cookie Manager is huge!<br>&gt; &gt; &gt;
Takes a lot of time and energy. So when one of the moms
practically<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; begged me to let her take over doing this,
I thought to myself &quot;I can<br>do<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; this...I can let
this go...&quot; Oh my goodness...the mess I am now left<br>&gt; &gt;
&gt; trying to fix just makes me wonder what in the heck I was
thinking.<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; Somehow her collection efforts have come up
about $700 dollars<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; short...money our troop now owes to

ocal girl scout council and<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; which was due to them
yesterday...a fact she only apprised me of at 8<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; a.m.
yesterday. Hmphhh...I am so stressed out ...I need my<br>&gt; &gt; &gt;
garden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's icy cold and rainy here...times
like<br>this<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; I could almost wish I lived someplace
with no winter. Aww,<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; anyway...thanks for
Melody , Hills, IA<br>&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>&gt; &gt; &gt; &quot;The most
beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.&quot;<br>&gt; &gt;
&gt; --Albert Einstein<br>&gt; &gt; &gt;<br>&gt; &gt; &gt;