Re: I need my garden!

I agree with you completely, Kitty. I didn't not intend for my post to blame Melody for anything. I just hate for her to be so upset and to feel responsible for a dimwit's errors. But you are right that the money will have to be made up somewhere, and that's the shame of it all.
zem

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" <4042N15@nationalhearing.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I need my garden!

Zem, I don't know Melody's exact position and what the chain of
responsibility is, but as a far-out-there parallel, look at the World.com
CEO, Ebbers or Eggers or something like that. He said he wasn't aware of
what the accountants were doing. But he's in charge, he's responsible. (And
in his case, I'm sure he did know) Additionally, Melody may or may not be
technically responsible, but it's obvious, she feels responsible for having
entrusted that responisbility to this woman.

She has a mess on her hands and is going to have to go over everything to
find the $700 - it's most likely some sort of bookkeeping error. But when
all is recounted and recalculated, if $700 is missing, it is that woman's
fault and she should come up with it. If she won't, the girls are going to
have to wash cars or do something to earn the money to pay off their debt.
The Council is just going to have to wait for the money. The point being,
it isn't Melody's fault, but it is a debt of the group that must be paid.
If the one at fault won't fix it, the group, not Melody, will have to pay
it. But still, Melody will be sitting under that grey cloud, wishing she
could garden.

Kitty