Re: Garden Vision/ J. dibia

james singer wrote:
Hey. I like dwarf dahlias. Just wish they'd grow here [kinda odd that a native of Mexico won't thrive in south Florida]. As I recall from my daze in SoCal, after 2 or 3 years, they did produce stems long enough for cutting. And the colors rival all others for variety and vibrance.
   Dahlias will grow in Florida; there's a Dahlia grower living in Ocala,
though somewhat north of you. He has to water twice a day in high
summer, and I think grows under shadecloth.
   In their birthplaces (Maxico and Guatemala) they grow at substantially
higher elevations than tidal Florida, so giving them a much greater
diurnal temperature variation than you get. In the US, they grow best of all
in the PNW, which may have hot days, but much cooler summer nights than
you or me.
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W