Re: A little rant (mostly joking)

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] A little rant (mostly joking)
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:49:34 -0600

Well, Cyndi, at least you get beautiful Mondays, mine is grey.  However,
last Friday was fantastic.  (and my day off!)  I rather like having Fri and
Sun off because it gives me a better chance of one of them being decent than
when they are back to back as in Sat/Sun.

Spring can be pretty fickle around here.  It can be too cold/rainy/windy at
times to work outside, too soon to uncover things, too early to work the
cold soil.  When the right time comes you're busy with something else (like
earning a paycheck).  Unfortunately, if you don't grab what chances you get
(or those you make) the next thing you know it is too hot/dry/sunny at times
to work outside, too late uncovering things, or the soil is too hard to
work.

As to the noise, "> However many of these maniacs live in the neighborhood
and I'm not sure I
> want to generate ill-feeling."  Welllllllll, they didn't mind generating
YOUR ill feeling, did they?  There are noise ordinances and driving licenses
and city codes for a reason. Some things you can't complain about - like
when the kids start playing b-ball across the street while I work on the
front bed.  The thump-a-thump-a-thump-a drives me nuts, so I have to go work
in the back.  But that's mild compared to all those motors and the dust they
must be kicking up.

Check the city code first re licenses, types of vehicles allowed on streets,
and decible levels so you know where you stand.  Does your neighborhood
association have a newsletter?  Have them print up an article about what is
and isn't allowed to give these kids fair warning (if they're not from your
neighborhood, they certainly should not be using your street)  And if they
still don't heed the laws, call the cops. No joke.

Kitty