-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:29 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] personal plant list

Some hasn't been dug yet.  But I did overwinter over 300 pots.  As I said ,
many are just ones and twos, plants that need division or were crowding
something.  Some that didn't perform well, like the Anemone rivularis, a
pretty zone 6 plant that just isn't sturdy enough to suit me.  I have about
25 ea of Hosta Candy Hearts and Golden Tiara.  These  two plants developed a
fungus last year, which I cleaned up, cut off all the leaves, dug up,
divided, and potted.  They are healthy now and had new leaves last year. I'm
going to have to divide many more hostas over the next few years so I can
rejuvenate that bed.  It's amazing how you can end up with 20 or more from
the one plant you put in 10 years ago.  the 25 Liriope plants I have were
started from seed last spring, and I don't have a need for more than a few.
Anemone tomentosa is a lovely rampant plant.  I can cut out up to 30 gallon
pots a year, doesn't phase it. I have a small property so there just isn't
room to keep it all.

Kitty