More desert wildflowers

I have some more wildflower pictures, plus quite a bit of scenery, for those
who are interested. Once again it was completely overcast so the pix look a
little dreary. We saw plenty of pros out there with their tents to shield
from the wind and their big lights, all powered off battery I guess. They
say it is a once in a lifetime event to see the valley like this; it was my
first time there so I suppose I am forever spoiled. You'll see that the
predominant flower, desert gold, is rather widely spaced - you can walk out
in the fields without squashing plants - but there's so MUCH of it. We drove
40 miles south of our campsite and there were flowers the whole way. In
fact, we covered several hundred miles in Death Valley and Panamint Valley
and we were within 20 yards of some kind of wildflower the entire trip.
There are a few photos from the Trona Pinnacles, a very weird place we
visited on the way, and also hiked into Darwin Falls, which I'm told is
green & lush all year round.
Next week maybe some photos of my home ground. However it has to be sunny
and relatively calm for the poppies to open. We got another inch of rain
last night...sigh.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gardencatalogs/my_photos

Cyndi