Re: Hamamelis x intermedia 'Angelly'

> Chris, The rabbits got several containers of WA Hawthorns chewed down to
> nubs.  They were young plants.  Will they resprout ok?  Easter morning I
> found a bunch of bunny fur at the far end of the garden, so maybe I won't
> have too many more visits from them.  They always nail a little Japanese
> Maple I have down there, even thought I had it well surrounded by fencing.
> I may have to move it.

I've been really frustrated by the rabbits this year.  My hydrangeas
are almost gone, the witchhazel is a single stick, and my two Callicarpa
that I was so looking forward to aren't even visible.

They've also dug up most of my tulips this year, eaten the buds off of
the hosta, and even stripped all of the branches off of my Tsuga canadensis
'Golden Splendor'.  Now it's looks like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.

I think your hawthorn might come back -- it depends on how established the
root system had become.  I've seen trees that were mowed down send up
suckers from the base, so just be sure to pick the strongest, lop off
the others, and then put a fence around it next year.  :)

http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3690 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2005-03-20/       The latest additions