Re: DSL email

Hi, Jim.

First problem had to do with configuring the MACs [there are two of them here] to the air port--passwords, keychains, and other cute but non-intuitive things. We finally hired a MAC guru to sort that out. Second problem was Verizon. It handled the main account [Ms Fatma's iBook] with no problem, but refused [for at least 10 days] to accept the password for my sub-account PowerBook. Every time I called Verizon, the voice on the other end of the line said in an infuriatingly cheerful tone, "Oh, that's our problem! And our engineers are working on it now." That's all I can tell you; it suddenly started working this evening--minutes before my fuse hit the tinder box.

For what it's worth, MAC guru said it was his experience that both Verizon and Comcast tend to ignore problems encountered by sub-account subscribers unless you really yell at them.

On the assumption Verizon has congressional and FCC subscribers in your zipcode, you will probably have no problems whatsoever.