Re: Rabbits

> Wow, Chris, Romeo looks like a great dog!  It is my understanding that Chow
> mixes are the best of all pets.  My little dog is a Chow mix, and I could
> not ask for a better friend or door bell.  I think she would probably run
> outside to play should anybody ever break into the house, but she has a
> different bark for any animal (furry or human) who walks into the driveway.
> She also loves chasing everything (except cats) that ventures into the yard
> when she's outside, so I'm hoping that is a Chow trait that Romeo shares
> with her.

Hi Zem,

   Did you have any problems with your dog's aggressiveness?  Romeo very
   much wants to be the pack leader in my house, so we've had quite a few
   battles of wills so far.  I don't want to break his spirit, but he
   obviously needs to listen and be respectful of things in the house.

   I've read that chows are very intelligent (which I see in Romeo) and
   very set in their ways.  They'll tolerate people as long as they can
   do what they want.  Romeo sometimes acts that way too, but I
   hope it's just because he's still in a period of adjustment.

   On the other hand, this is my first time caring for a dog and I really
   have no clue what I'm doing.  So we're both learning as we go along.  :)

   I do have him trained well enough now to ignore any creature when
   we go for walks, but he loves to chase squirrels through the yard
   whenever he can.  Since there's a big old oak tree out back I'm sure
   he'll have a blast when the acorns start maturing!

http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3690 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2005-03-20/       The latest additions