Re: Rabbits

> Not Zem, but Chris, there is a great book out there called The Second Hand
> Dog that you can get for next to nothing from Amazon. It explains a lot
> about what to expect from adult dogs that have been abandoned or abused,
> and also gives great advice on how you should behave towards your dog
> (especially when you need to make it clear who's alpha). I went through
> that with my Boxer that died, and some with these two new guys. One way to
> establish dominance is "the stare." They must break first. No glaring, just
> staring. Anyway, you'd be surprised at how well this works. Of course they
> will still test you on a regular basis.

Thanks, Andrea!

   I've added The Second Hand Dog to my wishlist and will add it to my
   order next time I'm there!

   I know that in the beginning I started off wrong.  I just gave Romeo
   full run of the house and he promptly made a mess of and on everything.
   That's when I realized something needed to change.  We've been to
   training already and I've recently discovered The Dog Whisperer on
   the National Geographic Channel -- it's a great show about a guy helps
   change dog behavior.  I find it funny that half the time it turns
   out that the owner needs to change.  :)

   Despite the problems, I don't regret adopting Romeo.  Sometimes it's
   frustrating, but sometimes it's really rewarding too.

Chris (who just returned from a ten-minute rub-down session)

http://www.hort.net/gallery/      3690 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2005-03-20/       The latest additions