Re: Spring sprang sprung

From the other end of the state....
Daffodils out in the yard are now coming into full bloom after a few brave souls send up flags to get shot down by the nasties. With day time temps now up in the 70's things will really pop.
I have had my dwarf snow trillium (T. nivale) in full bloom for about 5 days now. Lots of other trillium noses are pushing through the leaf litter. I am working on transplanting drifts of 6 to 12 of each species along the path up on the hillside. Hellebores are really looking great now after getting beat up over winter. I have cleaned most of the old ratty foliage away now. Hellebores have never really stopped.... some species or other has been in bloom since last mid-December. They are in their glory now. Primula species and cultivars are coming into bloom. Some of my favorite early spring blooms. Will be working more of the double blooming vulgaris into the garden this spring if I can find the time. Pulmonaria are showing color now... new foliage is pushing up through the old blackened mess from last winter. Cyclamen coum is still going, but coming to an end now for bloom. Corydalis are in bloom .. a clean white and a brick red cultivar are in bloom and C. solida will open today or tomorrow in lavender.
It has begun!!.. and here we go again.

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Took another go around tonight and I do have a couple of dwarf large cup
daffodils blooming and the Hellebores in back are going gangbusters!

Kitty
neIN, Z5