From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Marge Talt
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 11:24 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rabbits

> From: Christopher P. Lindsey <lindsey@mallorn.com>
> I've been thinking of robotic laser cannons, but I'd probably
forget to
> turn them off when I went out in the garden.  I *have* been
researching my
> great-grandmother's Basque recipe for rabbit stew and dreaming of
> it someday -- maybe I'll reach the breaking point and it will
> reality.  :)

I read, recently, of one of the deer deterrent products that was
supposed to also repel rabbits.  Of course, I can't remember the name of
it, but it comes in a jar and you dip tags or a stick in it and place
them near the plants you want to protect - said to work.
Durn....and it wasn't that long ago I read of this and where and what it
is has departed my sieve-like brain.  Now...think there was also an
image of the stuff....could it have been in either the latest Hort mag
or Fine Gardening?  What I was reading was not PR but someone's
experience with it.   Anybody else who gets those mags remember
seeing something about this lately?

Glad you got a pup, Chris; it's like having a 2 year old; will keep you
out of trouble:-)  He has a nice face....too bad you didn't get him any
toys to play with:-)  Dogs, like kids, look so angelic when they're

So, when he's outside, do you stand on your deck and yell..."Romeo,
Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo"???

ducking and running......

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade