Re: Christmas cactus

Neat. Cutting would be nice. Thanks, Judy.

On Mar 3, 2006, at 1:41 AM, Judy Browning wrote:

Jim,
Mine bloom after I've given them a "climate change". Outside in early summer, back in the house before really cold outside temps. Sometimes a stretch of bright sunny winter days, followed by a hard freeze seems to do it. I suspect it has to do with temperature fluctuations.
Mine are white with magenta innards and a frilly dark hot red that's fading to pink with the last of this flush of bloom.
Want some starts? I have a couple of spent orchids I want to send you later this spring.
Judy B
z 6 Idaho, feeling like the flu is sneaking up on me, drat.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Christmas cactus

Mine do too. And even when I do all the "right things" to get them to
bloom by "Christmas"...they end up blooming around Thanksgiving, last
about 2-3 weeks, then poop out till the next year.

Interesting... because individually ours seem to be on "bloom all at
once" schedules--masses of flowers all at once, which last for a couple
of weeks, then no more blooms until next year. Must have something to
do with indoor/outdoor influences.