RE: Andrea/Slidell Louisiana

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: [CHAT]Andrea/Slidell Louisiana
  • From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan" wmorgan972@ameritech.net
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 14:42:35 -0500

Sorry I just found this, Andrea.  Sometimes our outlook filter is a little
overly sensitive and things I want to see end up in "junk" mail, which this
wasn't.  It will be a while before you get your service set up and your home
arranged before you read this, but I did want to get back with you!

Now THAT is a coincidence!  LOL!!!  Yes, our Pastor Tom will be going back
this fall with another group of members to do as much as they possibly can.
He said that the state and federal roadblocks to assistance are difficult
for folks to get past in a timely fashion.  The two complete homes that he
worked on with his crew came to Lutheran Disaster Relief because they
couldn't get the needed assistance in a timely fashion to get their homes
restarted.  It is a very sad thing and it is very worthwhile to be of
service to others in that fashion.  My only concern is that he came back
with a cough which was about the same time the news media started reporting
on the Katrina Cough so many folks in that area have.  (The man had health
issues to long to list, so he doesn't need anything like that!)  I just hope
the general population doesn't get numb to the needs of the poor and the
middle class  in the Katrina/Rita ravaged areas.  While I don't agree they
should rebuild in the worst hit areas, I do believe a relocation to as high
a ground as possible should be in the works.  I think the Mayor of New
Orleans is more than callous in his remarks as to who he wants to come back
to New Orleans.  How sad.  But that is my personal belief.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)