From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:37 PM
To: 'gardenchat@hort.net'
Subject: RE: [CHAT] New Lambs

The babies are very cute. I'll try to post a picture on my Yahoo site.
Unfortunately the next set has been a disaster. The ewe went into labor
Sunday but never had contractions, which meant we had to pull the lambs, and
she had triplets. Either they were premature or it took us too long to get
them out, but one died within a few hours, another is now unresponsive, and
the last will probably not make it either. The two survivors can not or will
not nurse so we are tube feeding them, and they cannot get up without
assistance and cannot take more than a few steps. At least the ewe seems to
have come through it without major problems, but we'll have to get rid of
her now.
You win some and you lose some. I am not emotionally attached but it's
distressing nonetheless. We have two more to go, I'm sure hoping for better
outcomes.

Cyndi