Re: Plumeria

Well, I would think, anything above freezing. Our garage never
freezes.....when we had colder winters I always stuck them in the  garage.  In the past
several years we have had such mild winters that  I haven't taken anything other
than blooming orchids in.  I do have  the Plumerias in a protected area
though, and cover them.....more for  letting them dry out some, rather than for the
cold.  The best way to kill  a Plumeria is to overwater it during the winter
months.  I don't water mine  at all....except the evergreen varieties.

 The Plumeria growers that live in areas where the garage might freeze  too,
just stick them in closets or under the bed.  A friend that grows  bananas in
very cold weather, does the same with the bananas.  Digs them,  shakes the
soil off, wraps them in burlap and shoves them under the bed.   Then pulls them
back out in spring and plants them....slowly getting them  accustomed to the
light and watering.  He waters very sparingly until  the leaves start to show.
For those with basements, I would think you  could just stick them there
somewhere, even in pots.....as long as it is above  freezing.   Rule of thumb for
Plumerias is no temps lower than the  40's.
Hope this helps.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 3/7/2006 11:02:30 AM Central Standard Time,