Re: YO! Mac users

> I do not understand the purpose of hackers...and why
> they do that. They need to get a life doing something that will HELP
> people if they are that smart.

Personally, I'm very glad that hackers and crackers exist.

They bring problems with insecure applications to public attention so that
they're fixed.  Otherwise these security holes would remain there and could
only be exploited by those seriously 'in the know'.  The government could
add backdoors to your applications and get into your computer whenever
they wanted, an elite group of computer hackers could get in and mess with
your banking stuff, etc.

Consider the hacker community to be a computer application watchdog
group that forces software companies to be accountable for what they
release.

Chris