From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:30 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] weatherproof

It's balmy this am so after crossing the street to get my paper, I took the
long way back, returning via the back door so I could view the crocus and
iris, and check the progress of the Hylotelephium, oriental poppies, and the
Colchicum.  Then I noticed the test markers I put out last fall.  Chris L
steered us to a website offering supposedly weatherproof inkjet labels.  I
contacted the company and asked for a sample; they were quite generous.
Well, the black ink on these labels is as dark and readable as the day I put
them out there and they've been through -20F temps, heavy snow, lots of wind
and rain.  They aren't cheap, but not overly expensive either, considering.

neIN, Zone 5