To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weatherproof

It is cloudy and rainy- not really raining, just
sputting, but definately feels like a spring day
here...

So Kitty, do you think they are better- as in more
durable - than a ptouch label? How does the cost
compare?

Donna

--- Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:

It's balmy this am so after crossing the street to
get my paper, I took the
long way back, returning via the back door so I
could view the crocus and
iris, and check the progress of the Hylotelephium,
oriental poppies, and the
Colchicum.  Then I noticed the test markers I put
out last fall.  Chris L
steered us to a website offering supposedly
weatherproof inkjet labels.  I
contacted the company and asked for a sample; they
were quite generous.
Well, the black ink on these labels is as dark and
readable as the day I put
them out there and they've been through -20F temps,
heavy snow, lots of wind
and rain.  They aren't cheap, but not overly
expensive either, considering.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5