Re: Crazy weather/ flooding

Not too surprising......when the soil, especially clay, is so dry, it
practically bakes, and becomes rock hard.  When it rains, the soil is not  porous
enough to soak it in, and often it rains so much at one time, in a short  time,
then quits.....the ground never softens up enough, so it all just puddles  on
top or runs off.....causing the flooding.  Happens here a lot!!   It's only
after several rains that the soil loosens up enough to allow for  absorption.
All the concrete everywhere (here anyway) doesn't help any.  Such a waste of
rain, when one thinks that the ground never benefited....all  that good stuff
went straight into the storm drains.   Don't get  me started......
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 3/9/2006 11:02:36 PM Central Standard Time,