Re: Re:Crazy weather /flooding

While I am not familiar with your area, my advice is to go with
natives - attempt to match them with the soil, but try anyway. You
would be surprised at how adaptable our native plants are.  My
neighborhood has ditches along the streets and they are not very wide
at all. Unfortunately, my neighbors have not tried rain gardens, and
because my property slopes from the road to the back of the property,
there is no ditch I can use. ( Of course, there is "the swamp" in my
back yard - but no one sees that!)

Cathy, west central IL, z5b