Re: hummingbirds NOW Tomato Hornworms

The part about 1992 made me laugh. I was at Home Depot today to replace some lopping shears, and I had to smile at all the people buying flowers for their yards. It was in the upper 70s today, but our last frost date is April 15. Two years ago we had snow on April 14. Admitedly it warmed right back up, but some people have shorter memories than I do. :-)
zone 7
West TN
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:53 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] hummingbirds NOW Tomato Hornworms

I'm so glad I don't live up north any more. We moved south in 1981, after a
couple of the worst blizzards and cold spells in the NYC/No. NJ area. I
haven't been back since.

It was 82 when I got home after teaching a landscape design class this
afternoon. The So. Leopard frogs are singing, and crickets, too. Most of the
birds that visited the waterfall on the pond did so in pairs. I'm enjoying it,
but also remembering 1992?when it was in the 80's for a week before we got a
foot of snow. gale force winds and 8 degrees. I think that was on the 13th.

Zone 7a/Georgia
Gardening on Heavy Clay