Re: Spring

> Yesterday we had wind advisories with good reason.  There were trees down in
> many places.  The wind pruned a few branches for us as well.  Fortunately,
> only a small branch hit the roof and we can find no damage as of now.

Yikes!  I'm glad to hear that the damage wasn't too horrible.

> On my walkabout yesterday I discovered both yellow and
> blue crocus as well as a small clump of iris reticulata in bloom!

Pictures, pictures!!!   I lost all of my I. reticulata a few years ago,
but it's probably time to give them another try.  Those blooms are so
nice in the spring.

Here we had rain-free weather for about 36 hours or so -- a welcome
lapse in a continually rainy week.

I spent time setting up my portable shelter/tent on the deck yesterday:

Today I moved lots of plants out of the garage onto shelves under it,
and mostly dismantled the large cinderblock cold frame in the middle
of the yard.

The tent has roll-down sides that I'll use when the weather gets cold
again, and it offers me a place to work that's dry and not too crowded.
It will also come in handy if I ever sell at farmer's markets or anything.

I also cleaned up the flowerbeds, but I'll have to wait until the leaves
dry to remove those.  Oh, and most importantly, I cleaned up a winter's
worth of dog poop in the back yard.  :)

In terms of what's blooming, mostly it's crocus and snowdrops here,
although I saw lots of things starting to pop out of the ground.  There
are a some peony tips, Salvia koyamae is bursting forth, and lots more.