Re: Spring

The shelter looks like it will be roomy, Chris, and easily accessible. Our temps for the next 10 days look good. Right now it is 55F; the forecast shows a low point on St Patrick's Day of 35/20 but then it comes up again. I usually wait until the end of March to uncover my pots outside. They're covered with shredded leaves and huddled against the house in 2 places. I first uncover them and then if the long term forecast looks good, I'll move them out into the open in sun to warm their pots so their roots can wake up.

Are your roll down sides part of the original tent or is it something you made yourself? I'd like to see more photos with the plants under the canopy and with the sides attached.

neIN, Zone 5

I spent time setting up my portable shelter/tent on the deck yesterday:

Today I moved lots of plants out of the garage onto shelves under it,
and mostly dismantled the large cinderblock cold frame in the middle
of the yard.

The tent has roll-down sides that I'll use when the weather gets cold
again, and it offers me a place to work that's dry and not too crowded.
It will also come in handy if I ever sell at farmer's markets or anything.

I also cleaned up the flowerbeds, but I'll have to wait until the leaves
dry to remove those.  Oh, and most importantly, I cleaned up a winter's
worth of dog poop in the back yard.  :)

In terms of what's blooming, mostly it's crocus and snowdrops here,
although I saw lots of things starting to pop out of the ground.  There
are a some peony tips, Salvia koyamae is bursting forth, and lots more.