To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] hummingbirds NOW Tomato Hornworms

In a message dated 3/11/06 8:24:56 PM, lindsey@mallorn.com writes:

   The same thing happens here every year.  Unfortunately, it's also the
   only way for me to get good annuals -- so I end up buying them a month
   early and storing them on the deck, bringing them in as necessary.

Chris, last year we had such nice weather in Apr & then in May we had 3 hard
frosts which caught many with tender plants in the ground. We had so many
who purchased plants multi times because they didn't listen to us at the
greenhouse. I had one gentleman who got 23 flats of impatiens. I still
wonder if
he was smart enough not to plant. One customer purchased tomato plants 3
times.
At the greenhouse, employees are allowed to make their selections and
store them in a greenhouse which is not open to the public. I really
appreciate this. We open Apr 1 and if you don't buy the unusual you will not
get
them.
Ceres