Re: Spring

Weather's nice here today. Low 80s; slight breeze. We went plant shopping this AM [present for one of Ms Fatma's co-workers], and I was once again surprised at all of the inappropriate [e.g. delphiniums] and oddball native [e.g. pigeon plums] stuff in the box store garden centers.

At the plantation, I picked the last of our first tomato crop [more canning tomorrow] and another 5 pound papaya. There appears to be an exceptionally large fruit set on the mangos, the Buddha's hand, and the avocado this year; I hope they stay the season. So far it's been a very good year for our fruit trees and vegetable garden.

On Mar 12, 2006, at 3:52 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

Holy cow! I just got home from the grocery store and checked the weather channel. Looks like Kansas City is getting pummeled. We are due for strong t'storms with possible hail tonight. I can hardly wait -- NOT. Hope we don't get the 4" hail stones they are predicting for northwest Arkansas. It is in the low 80s here now. I really hate the weather this time of the year.
zem
zone 7
West TN
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Spring

Maybe you slept thru it? It was storming last evening
here, kept me up half the night with the thunder and
lightening- looked like it was daylight with the close
timing of it here. Thankfully they were wrong about
the tornado's....

Donna

--- Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:

I was using data from weather.com, their 10 day
forecast.  I see some rain,
some night-time snow, some sun.  Scattered T-storms
and wind tomorrow with
temps up to 62F.  I don't know about any particular
storm or its path that
you might be referring to.  I tried watching a video
forecast but the
attempt shut down IE.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5